- April 20, 2022
- Posted by: KGSG
- Category: News
Kogi Enterprise Development Agency, KEDA hereby notifies the general public that the Nigerian Export Promotion Council (NEPC) in partnership with Riby – Nourishing Africa has launched the Youth in Agri-food Export Development Program (YAEDP) designed to support MSMEs to pilot business models toward becoming export worthy.
The program is designed to provide training, market linkages, and digital support to 15,000 youth agripreneurs for exports in Kogi State amongst other eleven select eligible states. This is in line with the economy’s sustainability plan of the government to address the impact of COVID 19 on exporters and SMEs.
KEDA encourages agribusinesses who deals in any of the value chain of these agricultural products; Cocoa, Spices, Sesame, Shea butter, Cashew, Cassava, Soybeans, Rubber and Ginger to take advantage of this opportunity.
Kindly find the eligibility criteria for the YAEDP below:
– Nigerian agripreneurs and agro-cooperative leaders between 25-40 years old who are looking to export their produce.
– Business/cooperative that are registered with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
– Applicant’s business must be located in the priority state in the country.
– Applicants must produce and/or sell food products in the priority value chains.
– The business must have at least three employees
– The business must have been in operations for at least one year.
YAEDP is scheduled to hold for the period of six months (June-December, 2022). Interested applicants should register via this link:
Application deadline is 30th April, 2022.
In fulfilling the mandate of the Bello-led Administration to enhancing the scope of MSMEs in Kogi State, our support team is available to provide ‘Pen to Paper’ support to prospective applicants who are in the need of this services.
We encourage you to walk into our office at 26 Federal University road between 10 am till 3 pm for further assistance