By Olurotimi Phillip Odofin.
Kogi State Governor Alhaji Ahmed Usman Ododo has sworn in 19 New Commissioners to Serve in his Cabinet as members of the state executive council.
Governor Ahmed Usman Ododo who precided over the swearing in ceremony at his office in Lokoja earlier today, charged them to be above board in the discharge of their duties to the state.
He called on them to hold sacred the trust and commitment to serve the people of Kogi State.
Governor Ahmed Usman Ododo promised to lead by example and prioritize loyalty and dedication to services to the state.
The Governor thank the people of the state for the overwhelming support and acceptance so far received by his administration as they settle down for the business of governance, reiterating that the administration is marking the beginning of New era in the state.
Governor Ahmed Ododo expressed delight in the swearing in of the appointees that would assist him in staring the ship of the state under his Leadership for the next four years and more
KOGI STATE COMMISSIONERS AND THEIR PORTFOLIOS
The commissioners are:
1. Barr Muzi Yinus Abdullahi Attorney General & Commissioner for Justice
2. Engr Mohammed Abdulmutalib, Commissioner for Rural and Energy Development
3. Barr Salami Ozigi Deedat, Commissioner for Local Governments and Chieftaincy Affairs
4. Dr. Adams Abdulaziz, Commissioner for Health
5. Haj. Fatima Momoh, Commissioner for Women Affairs
6. Mr. Abanika Taye, Commissioner for Urban Development and Housing
7. Mohammed Muktar Shuaibu, Commissioner for Commerce and Industry
8. Engr Mohammed Yusuf, Commissioner for Works
9. Haj. Rabiatu Okute, Commissioner for Humanitarian Affairs
10. Hon Timothy Ojoma, Commissioner for Agriculture and Food Security
11. Alh. Asiwaju Idris, Commissioner for Finance, Budget and Economic Planning
12. Engr. Bashir Abubakar Gegu, Commissioner for Solid Minerals
13. Sunday Faleke, Commissioner for Special Duties and Inter governmental Relations
14. Hon. Femi Fanwo Kingley, Commissioner for Information and Communication
15. Engr Faruk Danlaladi, Commissioner for Water Resources
16. Hon. Joseph Oluwasegun Stephen, Commissioner for Environmental and Ecological Management
17. Hon Wemi Jones, Commissioner for Education
18. Mr. Anyebi Aridaolo Monday, Commissioner for Youth and Sport Development
The new political appointees are:
1. Head of Service, Pastor Elijah Evinemi
2. State Security Adviser, Rtd Jerry Duro Omadara
3. Director General of Protocol Alh. Suleiman Ibrahim,
4. Special Adviser on Media Alh. Isah Ismail
5. Chief Press Secretary Mr. Oladele John Nihi
6. State Legal Adviser, Femi Adegboyega
7. Local Governments Auditor General, Yakubu Siyaka Adabenege