The New Kogi Varsity
All You Need to Know
1. The Kogi State Executive Council held an Extraordinary Council Meeting to Consider and Approve the Bill for the Establishment of the Kogi State University, Kabba.
2. The Bill had heavy inputs from the Committee set up to advise Government on the establishment of the University.
3. The Committee recommended Kabba as the location of the University which was also adopted by the State Executive Council.
4. The Bill was transmitted to the State House of Assembly on Monday and the Assembly had to sit for hours for three days to pass the Bill after looking meticulously into all the provisions.
5. On Friday, June 23, 2023, the Executive Governor of Kogi State, His Excellency Alh. Yahaya Bello, CON signed the Bill for the establishment of the University into Law.
6. The Governor also announced that the College of Education, Technical which is currently in Kabba now will be moved to Yagba Federal Constituency.
7. With that singular decision, seven of the nine Federal Constituency in Kogi State now has a state-owned higher institution of learning.
8. A) Confluence University of Science and Technology – Adavi/Okehi Federal Constituency
B) College of Nursing and Midwifery – Adavi/Okehi Federal Constituency
C) Kogi State Polytechnic – Lokoja/Koto Federal Constituency
D) Kogi State School of Health Technology – Idah Federal Constituency
E) Kogi State College of Education, Ankpa – Ankpa Federal Constituency
F) Prince Abubakar Audu University, Anyigba – Dekina/Bassa Federal Constituency
G) Kogi State University, Kabba – Kabba/Bunu/Ijumu Federal Constituency
H) Kogi State College of Education (Technical) – Yagba Federal Constituency
9. The Kogi State Government under the leadership of HE Alh. Yahaya Bello has invested in education more than any Governor of the State before him.
10. The Governor has also pledged to witness the first matriculation ceremony of the Kogi State University, Kabba, before he lives office.
kogistate.gov.ng can authoritatively report that the Governor has been equitable in the distribution of his numerous projects, making him the most detribalised Governor of the state, ever.
Congratulations Kogi as the Governor delivers on another promise to give Okunland a University.