CHRISTIAN PILGRIMS COMMISSION
THE KOGI STATE CHRISTIAN PILGRIMS COMMISSION; ACHIEVMENTS, PLAN AND PROJECTIONS.
The Kogi State Christian Pilgrims Commission is a Commission saddled with the responsibilities of regulating, supervising and performing oversight functions on any agency (Corporate bodies) that engages in organizing Pilgrimage and pre-visit for intending Christian Pilgrims within the State. It also organizes and arranges Holy Pilgrimage to and from Israel, Rome and Greece. Other functions are as contained in Section 5 (1) (a)-(j) of the Commission’s enabling Law.
In discharging this functions, the Commission Screened and prepared 128 intending Pilgrims for the 2016 General Pilgrimage to the Holy Land of Jerusalem, Israel. Out of this number, 96 pilgrims were magnanimously sponsored by the new direction government and 32 pilgrims were privately sponsored.
It is worthy of note that owing to the Will of Government and the support enjoined by the Commission from the Executive Governor, more Christians from the State are now aware of the Pilgrimage bouquets they can take advantage of to perform Christian Holy Pilgrimages.
i. The Commission had successfully mobilized, screened, prepared and organized Christian Pilgrims to the 2016 General Pilgrimage successfully without any defection.
ii. The Commission has successfully mobilized and screened in two phases the 2017 intending Easter Pilgrims. Successful intending Pilgrims are now ready to perform the pilgrimage exercise. This is the first time in the history of the State but is now made possible by the New Direction Government of Alhaji Yahaya Adoza Bello.
iii. Gradual digitalization of the Commission.
The chart below shows other achievements of the Commission which are germane to the Success of her activities.
ACHIEVMENTS OF KGSCPC WITH DATES
1. Conduct of 2016 holy pilgrimage exercise in 2 batches 29/11/17
2. Advocacy visits & sensitization to Organization of African Instituted Churches 12/03/17
3. Open advocacy and intimation of 2017 programmes at C.A.N Plenary. (O.A.I.C) 14/03/17
4. Courtesy visit and advocacy to Kogi State C.A.N chairman, Bishop John (Dr.) Ibenu. 16/03/17
5. Advocacy visit to the Chairman, Penticostal Fellowship of Nigeria, Kogi State. Bishop Bako16/03/17
6. Advocacy & sensitization visit to Lokoja LGA C.A.N Chairman, Rev. (Dr.) Ajala. 16/03/17
7. Advocacy & sensitization Visit to the Provincial Pastor, RCCG Province 3 Pst. Uroupagha Emmanuel 21/03/17
8. Courtesy visit to the M.D Graphics Newspapers, Pst Dayo Thomas 21/03/17
9. Courtesy & advocacy visits to the G.M NTA Lokoja Mrs. Patricia Odiahi 22/03/17
10. Courtesy, advocacy & Sensitization visit to the Administrator Kogi LGA, Barr M.T Musa 23/03/17
11. Courtesy visit to the President, Customary Court of Appeal, Hon. Justice Ibrahim A. Shaibu 05/04/17
12. Advocacy & sensitization visit to the Christian Community Kabba, Kabba/Bunu LGA 17/04/17
13. Office furniture, ICT equipment & accessories & water channelization
The Commission plans to, in no distant time increase the number of Private Pilgrims that will travel from the state for Holy Pilgrimages in Israel, Rome and Greece.
Being the only State Commission that interfaces between the state and other countries on Christian Holy Pilgrimage matters, we intend to digitalize the Commission including having and e-library, with conventional library too to ease operation.
Increased sensitization and awareness on Christian Holy Pilgrimage across the State through personal and stakeholder’s partnership.
PILGRIMAGE ACTIVITIES FOR 2017:
i. Easter Pilgrimage. - April/May
ii. Women Pilgrimage. - May/June
iii. Pilgrimage Leaders Conference & Pilgrimage - June/July
iv. Youth and Farmer’s pilgrimage - July/August
v. Judges and Magistrates Pilgrimage -August/September
vi. Church Leaders Pilgrimage -September/October
vii. General Pilgrimage - October/December
viii. Christmas Pilgrimage for Families - 17th -29th December
a. Raising the numbers of privately sponsored Pilgrims increamentally year by year through advocacy, sensitization and mobilization of all Christian in all the Senatorial Districts, Denomination and Churches in the State.
b. Full digitization of the Commission for effective discharge of her duties.
c. Creating wider awareness on the Commissions activities to well-meaning Kogi citizens within and outside the state thereby opening them to the windows of welfare for their philanthropic gestures to Kogi Citizens.
d. Continuous sensitization of the public on the activities of the Commission through the print, electronic and others including the Social Media.
e. Periodic seminars of Holy Pilgrimages and other allied matters.
f. Visits to selected Commissions/Boards of other States of the Federation to understudy their successes and challenges.
g. Review and updating of the Kogi State Pilgrims Handbook.