BUREAU OF INFORMATION SERVICES AND GRASSROOT SENSITISATION
Director General, Bureau of Information Services and Grassroots Sensitisation
RE-ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE BUREAU OF INFORMATION SERVICES AND GRASSROOTS SENSITISATION
Our core mandate as a Bureau is to coordinate the information sector of the State Government. It is our responsibility to project the visions and activities of the State Government. We are also responsible to enlighten the people of the State through strong advocacy as well as a feedback platform.
1) Effective management of government programmes and activities
2) Periodic production/airing of news commentaries
3) Weekly production of Confluence Newsletter (The News Bulletin is a tool used by the Bureau to reach out to Kogi indigenes on Government activities weekly)
4) Monthly production of Kogi Today Magazine
5) Commencement of the re-positioning and digitalization of Kogi State Broadcasting Corporation (Radio Kogi)
6) Effective supervision and repositioning of the State Printing Corporation (The Graphic) with a dynamic new management team led by Pastor Dayo Thomas (Managing Director and Chief Executive) and Mr. James Oyewole (Executive Editor)
7) Effective supervision of the State Printing Press.
8) Establishment of our Newsroom at the Bureau Headquarters
9) Training and re-training of Information Officers as well as their deployment to various State Ministries, Departments and Agencies
10) Sensitization visits to Kogi indigene in other States with visitation to Kano State while efforts are being made on similar visit to Kaduna State
The attached submissions are adequate for the various Corporations under the Bureau and are hereby submitted for your perusal, please.
Bureau of Information Services and Grassroots Sensitisation
KOGI STATE BROADCASTING CORPORATION
RE-UP TO DATE ON ACHIEVEMENT AND ACTIVITIES
Kogi State Broadcasting Corporation is one of the medium of information to the State Government saddle with the responsibility of informing, educating, entertaining, sensitisation, mobilization and all above the propagation of government policies and programmes. In a nut shell, the Radio is the image maker of the Government.
In the course of these noble objectives, Kogi State Broadcasting Corporation under the Alhaji Yahaya Bello’s Administration has witness some noticeable achievements in the following areas:
1) The administration has been able to sustain the payment of staff salaries during the year under review.
2) There is also a continuous sustenance of supply of diesel to the generators which allow the Corporation to be on air.
3) More so, the Corporation has being able to perform its services due to the approval and supply of a 150KVA generator.
4) Equally, there is a nice face lift to the premises Kogi State Broadcasting Corporation due to tidiness of the cleaning services.
That is not to say that the Corporation is free of problems over the years. The major issue bothering the Corporation is the problem of operational vehicle and shortage of staff, plants and equipment among others.
We are indeed most grateful to the State Government for the unity and conducive atmosphere in the State.
Engr. Jeremial Ojomah
ACHEIVEMENTS OF KOGI STATE PRINTING AND PUBLISHING CORPORATION 2016 TO DATE
1. The Newspaper has changed positively in contents and aesthetic maintaining editorial policy of bringing Government Programme to the people and the feed back
2. The Graphic online and TV initiative, innovation commenced. The Corporation made progress by not only performing its mandate through printing Media but successfully launched into the new media.
3. Renovation of the office premise, fence, sign post and general beauty calion.
Motivation of staff and Training to key meets up with the new direction of the Corporations operation.
ACHIEVEMENT OF THE CORPORATION FROM
MAY 2016 TO DATE
Rebranding/Refocusing of The Graphic Newspaper
OFFICE FACE LIFT:- Painting the office fence to give it a befitting look
Maintaining consistence on the newsstand
Sensitization of Kogi citizen on the content and philosophy of the new direction blue print including those in Diasporas.
Building of The Graphic Online platform
Successful launch of The Graphic Online
Unveiling The Graphic TV Platform
Constant In-house Training and Re-Training of staff
Procurement and regular maintenance of computers and other accessories
Sustained/Expanded the readership of The Graphic Newspaper
Organized the Graphic Newspaper Maiden Annual Lecture